COVID-19 precautions for face-to-face sessions
We are only allowed to resume face-to-face Art Therapy sessions under strict precautions.
Below is a list from the guidelines of the Government, British Association of Art Therapists and the requirements of the Stoke Damerel Parish Centre. I hope these measures will make you feel safe enough to come to the Art Therapy studio.
- You will receive a screening call in the morning to check whether you or any members of your household are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Face covering is compulsory at all times when you are inside the building.
- Please arrive on time for the appointment, as the waiting area is not available, to prevent unnecessary contact with any others. Please use hand sanitiser at the entrance and follow social distancing.
- All surfaces such as the doorbell, door handles, stair rail, tables and chairs are wiped with disinfectant. Carpet and toilets are cleaned every day. Windows will be open for ventilation. You might like to bring an extra layer of clothing just in case.
- Hand washing is encouraged before and after the session. There will be paper towels and paper cups for single use. We will have a socially distanced way of sitting.
- All art materials are disinfected. Any of them you have used (pens, brushes, paint bottles) will be set aside, and they will be disinfected before the next person uses them. Clay or plasticine will not go back into the tub but will be kept for your use only.
- I will be wearing disposable gloves and will help you with opening drawers to choose art materials. There will be spare gloves in case you wish to find things yourself, as well as for the use of certain art materials such as chalk pastels.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, card (keypad wiped for every single use) or PayPal. I will not be able to accept cash payment.
- I will make a record of your visit with contact details, and I will note separately any information and discussions I had in the session related to COVID-19. I may have to put the therapy on hold if any risk is detected.
- Once a risk is detected, I will have to notify the Parish Centre. However, your personal details will remain confidential and will not be passed onto them. In case I am asked by the NHS to disclose your name and contact details as part of their track and trace scheme, your information will be shared securely, and the NHS will use it for this specific purpose only.
- I am tested twice weekly. In case I tested positive, or I had contact with anyone with the confirmed case of COVID-19, I will notify you and put the therapy on hold immediately. I will not resume face to face sessions until I can be sure that I am safe enough to practice. If requested, I might be able to offer online sessions during any period of self-isolation.
I hope I have covered all your concerns about coming to the Art Therapy studio. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.